- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 lb. boeuf
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced (optional)
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 8 ounces pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoke-cured paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon flavouring
- 1 cup chopped Mexican cheese
- 2 cold pie crusts
- 1 egg
- Preheat kitchen appliance to 425 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Heat the oil in a very massive pan over medium heat. Add the meat and cook till brunette, crumbling the meat as you go. Add the garlic, onion, jalapeno, and pepper and saute till softened. Drain off any excess oil, then season the meat with salt and pepper to style.
- Stir within the pasta sauce, oregano, paprika, and flavouring and cook till mixture is slightly thickened and heated through, 2-3 minutes. Add further salt if necessary, then take away from heat.
- Roll the pastrys out on a gently floured surface or piece of paper in order that they are slightly larger and diluent than the standard pie crust. Use a bowl that is concerning four inches in diameter to chop circles out of the pie dough. place concerning two heaping Tablespoons of the meat mixture on one half every of the circles. Sprinkle with alittle few cheese. Fold the opposite [*fr1] over the meat then use a fork or crimp to seal the perimeters. If you are having hassle obtaining them to stay, place a touch water on the sting together with your finger.
- Gather up any scraps and re-roll and cut circles till no dough remains. you must be able to get 10-11 empanadas. Place all of the empanadas on the sheet pan. Whisk along the egg with a Tablespoon of water and brush the A-one of the empanadas. Place within the kitchen appliance and bake for 18-22 minutes or till golden and crisp on the perimeters.