- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 medium jalapeno
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3/4 lb. pigeon breast
- 6 cups chicken stock*
- 1 14.5 oz. will diced tomatoes w/chiles
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 Tbsp cumin
- 1 medium lime
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1 medium avocado
- Dice the onion, celery, and jalapeno (scrape the seeds out of the jalapeno before dicing). Mince the garlic. Cook the onion, celery, jalapeno, and garlic in oil over medium heat for concerning five minutes or till tender.
- Add the pigeon breast, chicken broth, canned tomatoes with chiles, oregano, and cumin to the pot. Bring the complete pot up to a boil high heat then cut back the warmth to low, place a lid on prime, and let simmer for one hour.
- After cooking for AN hour with a lid on, rigorously take away the pigeon breast from the pot and use 2 forks to shred the meat. come the meat to the pot. Squeeze the juice of 1 lime into the soup. Get the maximum amount juice as doable from the lime by employing a spoon to scrape the within of the lime.
- Rinse the cilantro then roughly chop the leaves. raise the pot, provides it a fast stir, and serve. Dice the avocado and add a couple of chunks to every bowl.
- *I use higher Than broth soup base to form my broth as a result of it’s more cost-effective than shopping for canned or boxed broths.